This Mom’s Facebook Post Is A Scary Reminder Why You Should Always Check Halloween Candy


Growing up we all heard the horror stories of people giving out candy on Halloween that was secretly laced with drugs or contained a razor blade inside.

And sure, in the back of my mind I was a little suspicious of getting free candy from a bunch of strangers on a chilly autumn night, but at the end of the day my love for all things diabetes overcame my caution and I found myself munching away without a care in the world.

Thankfully, no one put arsenic, cyanide or sharpened bits of sheet metal in my trick-or-treat stash. So I walked blissfully ignorant through life thinking it was all a crock of lies.

But after this mother's startling Facebook post, it turns out that your local DARE officer might've been right.

In an interview with Windsor Star Angela Magyar said she was in "shock" to find a needle pushed into one of her daughter's pieces of chocolate.

"As soon as we got home, I dumped everything out and was checking [the candy] It poked me. I gave it to my boyfriend, he was feeling it, and it poked him, too.”

When her and her boyfriend, Jaime Hernandez, inspected the bar of chocolate, they noticed that the needle was pushed in length-wise, making it more difficult to see. They also noticed that the loop end of the needle had been cut off, so that the strip of metal would be sharp on both ends.

“I don’t want to take chances with anything now. I can’t even imagine (what would have happened) if I didn’t find that.”


Police Officers have said they will come and investigate the piece of candy and collect information as to where Angela took her daughter, Ava, trick-or-treating.

Some are saying that Magyar's making the whole story up, and admits that she used to be incredulous of these "tainted candy" stories herself.



“Maybe they’ve never had it happen to them. You read these stories, and they just seem crazy. To think that that could happen. You don’t believe it until you actually go through it.”
Angela shared her story as a reminder for parents to double check their kids' Halloween hauls to ensure their safety as they're chomping down on candy.


 

 



This Mom’s Facebook Post Is A Scary Reminder Why You Should Always Check Halloween Candy This Mom’s Facebook Post Is A Scary Reminder Why You Should Always Check Halloween Candy Reviewed by aboubakr on 6:56:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments

Image Link [https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0e/28/8d/0e288dc55b6603d00a2b0cfc9e355fee.jpg] Author Name [Victoria] Author Description [Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard] Facebook Username [PingBuzz.fan] Twitter Username [themexpose] GPlus Username [112808915066490310571] Pinterest Username [You username Here] Instagram Username [You username Here]